We started our Emmett journey way back in 2009, and as we speak to people realise how fortunate we’ve been to do so much training directly with Ross Emmett himself, so I’ve compiled a list of all the training we’ve done.
May 2018 – EMM-Tech Tutor training with Sue & Lesley – Jill & Paul
February 2018 – EMMETT EP5 with Sue & Lesley – Jill & Paul
Such a good two days with Sue & Lesley teaching their first EP5 Course, renewing friendships and making new friends.
We learnt some new releases and combinations, including for
- deep pain radiating from the SI joint into the hip or upper thigh, deep pain the thigh
- restriction in inner leg (gracilis) and behind the knee, and around the kneecap
- deep cramp in the soleus, upper calf tension and pain in the instep
- to release the upper back and shoulders
- pain in front & back of shoulder when moving it forward.
- persistent deep pain above shoulder blade
- pain deep underneath the armpit.
November 2016 – EMMETT Women’s Health workshop with Ross Emmett – Jill
This was a special Women only course to look at and practice how we can help Women’s Health issues, which has given added confidence in using releases to help with ‘ladies issues’
May 2018 – EMM-Tech Tutor training with Sue & Lesley – Jill
August 2016 – EMMETT EP4 with Sue & Lesley – Jill & Paul
We had an amazing couple of days on EP4, working with some really excellent Emmett technicians. Sue & Lesley do a superb job passing on Ross’s technique.
We looked at how best to assist issues including
- Lower Back Compression,
- side cramping & pelvic floor weakness.
- neck restriction with pain
- jaw and facial issues & headaches
- pain in the elbow, biceps, forearm or wrist
- toe movement & grip with the toes.
- shin pain & mobility around the ankle
- and a review of the ‘ladies’ & ‘gents’ work
April 2016 – EMMETT EP3 with Ross Emmett – Jill & Paul
Paul & I have been on Emmett Advanced practitioner training, this time taking EP3 with Ross Emmett.
We learnt some fabulous new releases that may assist issues including:
- ‘ladies issues’ (ask me) and of course ‘mens stuff’ (ask Paul!),
- additional neck release which made a difference to the last bit of my shoulder restriction
- great ankle release that complements the foot releases from EP2
- sacral pain, mid back tightness or cramp,
- eyesight improvement
- quick relaxation sequence for the whole body
Emmett Technique may be beneficial for so many issues
Oct 2015 – EMMETT EP2 with Sue & Lesley – Jill & Paul
Paul & I have been on Emmett Advanced practitioner training, this time taking EP2 with Sue Gassick & Lesley Salt.
We learnt some new releases & looked at series to assist issues including:
- lower back cramp, deep seated hip joint pain, deep inner thigh pain.
- neck pain which has not responded to other releases.
- Sequence’s for uneven shoulder height and twisted hips.
- Achilles & heel pain sequences, also releases to free up ankle joint restrictions.
- a gentle way to release acute and unresponsive knee pain.
- Hearing – for improving.
Nov 2015 – EMMETT 4 Animals (Dogs) Practitioner with Andy Eckley – Jill
Sept 2015 – EMMETT 4 Animals (Dogs) lvl 3 with Andy Eckley – Jill
June 2015 – EMMETT 4 Animals (Dogs) lvl 2 with Andy Eckley – Jill
April 2015 – EMMETT 4 Animals (Dogs) lvl 1 with Ross Emmett – Jill
Working with animals brings a whole new dimension to seeing how Emmett Technique works & has given me renewed enthusiasm to assist humans & animals
Nov 2014 – EMMETT EP1 with Ross Emmett – Jill & Paul
One of our great pleasures is to attend training together, yet we don’t work with each other in classes as we get to do that at home, so we try to meet & work with as many different people as possible.
EP1 brought a even more to assist people quicker and for deeper issues including
- The Spinal Balance – where Ross shows us how to integrate the spine for clear communication and stability, really helpful where there is a lack of focus and clarity.
- release for abdominal pain after eating, pain under the sternum, reflux, and breathing restrictions.
- A move to release deep seated hamstring pain and sciatic pain.
- A move for deep deltoid pain.
- Further jaw work.
July 2014 – EMM-Tech Tutor training with Sue & Lesley – Jill
A great day meeting other EMM-Tech tutors from across the country & to review our tutoring skills to meet Ross’s standards
April 2014 – Beyond 7A’s with Ross Emmett – Jill
Beyond the 7A’s is a attendee driven workshop where Ross expands our understanding of the non-physical elements of Emmett Technique, to improve our clients experience
April 2014 – Bowen/EMMETT Integration Masterclass with Ross Emmett – Jill
This was a very special day where Ross demonstrated more about how to integrate Emmett Technique, this time with Bowen Technique – all targeted at getting the best results for the client.
Nov 2012 – TBT101 practitioner with Ross Emmett (2 days) – Jill & Paul
Nov 2012 – EMMETT Client Clinic day with Ross Emmett – Paul & Jill
Nov 2012 – EMMETT Practitioner (Mod 6 review) with Ross Emmett – Paul
Sept 2012 – EMMETT Technique Mod 6 with Sue – Paul
Aug 2012 – EMMETT Technique Mod 5 with Sue – Paul
April 2012 – TBT101 with Ross Emmett (3 days) – Jill & Paul
This was very special to be able to learn directly from Ross Emmett how he understands & uses Bowen Therapy, the understanding conveyed transformed the way I work and gave Paul the confidence to do more sessions on a therapy couch.
Nov 2011 – Integrating EMMETT with Ross Emmett – Jill & Paul
Ross Emmett sharing how Emmett can be integrated into therapists existing modalities – filled with demonstrations, discussions and practical work.
Oct 2011 – EMM-Tech Tutor training (2 day) with Ross Emmett – Jill
This was a residential course held in Dublin being trained directly by Ross to share his technique, we learnt so much about being a tutor responsible for sharing Ross’s work and were also able to spend time with Ross outside the classroom, where he shared many of his famous stories about his life – truly a privilege
Aug 2011 – EMMETT Practitioner (Mod 6 review) with Sue – Jill
July 2011 – EMMETT Technique Mod 6 with Regi – Jill
July 2011 – EMM-Tech Tutor training with Sue – Jill
Teaching the moves is quite different from being a therapist, but Sue made it less scary & build confidence in how to share EMM-Tech the ‘Ross’ way.
April 2011 – EMMETT Technique Mod 5 with Sue – Jill
April 2011 – EMMETT Technique Therapist with Sue – Jill & Paul
June 2010 EMMETT Mod 4 with Regi – Jill & Paul
May 2010 EMMETT Technique Mod 3 with Sue – Jill & Paul
April 2010 EMMETT Technique Mod1-2 with Ross Emmett – Jill & Paul
After being blown away by the EMM-Tech we signed up for the practitioner training & were so surprised that Ross Emmett himself was leading the course in Leek Wootton.